Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy
As a member of the Volusia County community, Raydon Corporation’s social responsibility is to support local, nonprofit community organizations by providing financial contributions, in-kind services, and volunteer support. In keeping with our corporate mission, we aim to increase our support by strengthening our bond with the community and addressing the needs of the people of Volusia County, particularly to develop the workforce in the community.
The Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy ensures that all Raydon donations, sponsorships, company volunteer activities, and in-kind services are coordinated and aligned with our corporate social responsibility, strategy and business goals; maximize opportunity for corporate visibility; foster long-term business relationships; align with diversity and affirmative action and are within our budget and resource limitations. This policy eliminates duplication and establishes a central point of contact for internal and external requests. All corporate expenditures for charitable donations, sponsorships, fundraising events, recognition dinners, tee signs, golf tournaments, program booklet ads, etc. will be handled accordingly.
- All incoming and outgoing requests for charitable contributions/sponsorships, in-kind services or support, and/or company volunteer support, or business courtesies will be coordinated and administered by Community Relations Coordinator (Niki Duncan). Individual employees may not respond to charitable requests from (or solicit from) individuals or organizations that have an actual or potential business relationship with our companies.
- Incoming or outgoing requests for sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteers, in-kind services, gifts or giveaways, or business courtesies must be made via our online form, which will be received by our Community Relations Coordinator for research, review, and final disposition. Community Relations will communicate directly with agencies regarding all requests and coordinate any follow up documentation, and/or collateral activities such as ads, tickets, invitations, banners, etc.
The following guidelines will be used in reviewing requests for charitable contributions and sponsorships and company volunteer initiatives:
- Only Florida based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations, and 501(c)(6) business leagues will be considered for charitable contributions, sponsorships, volunteer support, or in-kind donations.
- All corporate charitable contributions, sponsorships, and in-kind services will promote our business goals, create positive visibility, and demonstrate social responsibility.
- The major focus of our contributions will be on educational causes, and support of other corporate priorities. Contributions will be coordinated with employee volunteer activities when possible to achieve maximum impact within budget guidelines.
- We will also consider requests to support social, community, civic, educational, diversity, and economic endeavors if these support corporate business goals and meet contribution guidelines and/or if Raydon staff is involved in the governance of the organization.
- All requests will be entered into the Raydon charitable contributions database by the Community Relations Coordinator and reviewed with formal recommendation by the Human Resources Director, Director of Organization Development and Executive Administrator.
The following exclusions apply:
- Raydon will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
- Contributions will be made only to the qualifying nonprofit agency. Contributions will not be made to organizations conducting fundraising (third party giving) on behalf of nonprofit agencies.
- Requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes will not be considered; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered (e.g., food pantry).
- Requests from local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams will not be considered.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not nonprofit organizations, will not be considered.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns will not be considered.